Proven to Reduce Fill Time and Cross Contamination
- EZ BioPac®, ILC Dover’s purpose-built powder containment and transfer system, speeds fill time and makes it easy to adjust contents to precise target weight
- It’s separate discharge outlet and antistatic polymer material mean faster, cleaner discharge with residuals consistently 2g or less in a 5 kg bag
- The EZ BioPac® bag’s unique design and protective skirt reduce or eliminate contamination of the support stand and bag exterior, drastically reducing clean-up requirements
Ease To Use
EZ BioPac® bags and custom polypropylene support stand allow fast, foolproof set-up
Reduce Fill Time
Large-diameter top opening speeds filling by as much as 71%
Attached zip ties or ILC Dover’s proprietary crimping system assure complete closure and containment of the bag’s contents
Wide Capacity Range
Bags are available in capacities from 1 to 100 liters to suit full range of plant requirements
Array of Flange Sizes
EZ BioPac® bags offer discharge sanitary flange sizes from 1.5˝ to 8˝ to match a variety of process vessels
Issues Of Powder Handli ng
Media and buffer ingredients used in powder form have historically been transferred from stock containers using open scoops, funnels and bags, then carried and dumped directly into production vessels, since sterility wasn’t required at that early manufacturing stage. While sterility may not be an issue, biopharmaceutical production managers have come to recognize that worker exposure to airborne particulates and the potential for cross-contamination at line change-over can be.
Consequently, they have started to implement single-use systems for powder transfer. Unfortunately, many early systems were simply adapted from liquid-handling systems already in use at the time, and converted to handle powders. These systems often have inherent shortcomings. Instead, production managers should look for systems designed from the ground up to handle biopharmaceutical powders.
Boosting Profitability With Single-Use Powder Transfer
Many biopharmaceutical manufacturers are implementing single-use containment for transfer of media and buffer materials to prevent feedstock contamination and to promote worker safety. The type of containment system used, however, can have a significant impact on productivity and profitability. Equipment should be evaluated and chosen carefully.
The Keys To Efficient Powder Transfer And Containment
The most efficient powder containment and transfer equipment will feature:
- A design developed specifically to handle powders
- Fast filling
- Easy, complete sealing
- Fast, clean dispensing
- Complete product recovery (i.e., no powder left in the container)
- Self-supporting containers to promote easy handling and distribution
Unlike systems adapted from an existing liquid-handling system, ILC Dover’s EZ BioPac® system was designed specifically to handle powders in biopharmaceutical applications. The EZ BioPac® system from ILC Dover substantially lessens the amount of powder that disperses into the air, reduces the time needed for changeover, lowers staff costs, and frees staff to work on more vital jobs, which all contribute to profitability.
Contact Local Containment Expert