Into Oral Formulations
Emisphere Technologies is a Drug Delivery Company whose core business strategy is to partner its proprietary drug delivery technology and license Eligen B12. Our thirty year history has made us the established leader in converting injectable therapeutics into advanced oral formulations. Utilizing our experience in researching, developing and manufacturing a number of fully characterized carriers in our extensive library, our partners leverage our expertise to employ our unique intracellular delivery mechanism to advance their portfolio and create differentiated line extensions. Our capabilities range from early proof of concept, to extensive development and commercial capabilities.
Emisphere’s technology can enhance the clinical profile of both pre-market and currently marketed products. Further, our broad-based proprietary oral drug delivery platform provides significant increases in bioavailability, facilitates the enhanced absorption of small and large molecules without altering their chemical form, and maintains their biological integrity or pharmacological properties. Finally, it is especially useful for oral delivery of peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides and oligosaccharides.
- Emisphere’s broad-based proprietary oral drug delivery platform provides significant increases in bioavailability.
- Facilitates the enhanced absorption of small and large molecules without altering their chemical form, biological integrity or pharmacological properties.
- Especially useful for oral delivery of peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides and oligosaccharides.
- Utilizes delivery agents or “carriers” to enable transport of therapeutic molecules across biological membranes such as those of the gastrointestinal tract and allow the drugs to exert their desired pharmacological effect.
- Boasts a library of approximately 4000 carriers of which a select number are well characterized and have been used in the clinic.
- The carriers have no known pharmacological activity in the amounts used to enhance oral drug delivery and therefore may be considered excipients.
- Allows for a switch from injectables to oral medicines
Carl V. Sailer
Vice President, Marketing & Business Development
Emisphere Technologies, Inc.
4 Becker Farm Road, Suite 103
Roseland, NJ 07068